The responsibilities of the Admissions and Scholarship Committee are as follows:
1. Administer and evaluate professional school admissions. This includes reviews of applications and interviews of applicants for the professional program.
2. Oversight of early assurance of admissions programs (Pre-Veterinary and Ag-Scholars Programs). The committee will review candidates for this program.
3. Reviewing applications for readmission into the Professional Program. The committee will define the conditions of reinstatement. If readmitted the student may be required to repeat courses other than those in which the student was deficient.
4. Minutes of meetings will be submitted the Office of Academic Affairs. Information that is considered confidential will not be included in the minutes.
5. Inform the Dean of committee activity and provide recommendations to improve the admissions process.
The Admissions and Scholarship Committee is divided into two sub-committees:
The in-state committee is composed of 4 faculty members and one MVMA-member veterinarian from outside the college, each serving a three year term. Primary responsibilities include reviewing applications of Missouri residents, oversee the early admissions programs and review petitions for re-admission.
The out of state committee consists of five faculty members, and one MVMA-member veterinarian from outside the college, each serving a three year term. Primary responsibilities include reviewing non-resident applications.
The in-state and out-of-state committee members may serve as alternates on the other sub-committee. The Associate Dean for Academic Affairs is a permanent ex offico member of the committee and will serve as the Chair. The Director of Recruiting and Admissions Advisor serve as consultants to the committee. Minutes of meeting will be provided to the Office of Academic Affairs.