The responsibilities of the Admissions and Scholarship Committee are as follows:
- Administer and evaluate professional school admissions. This includes reviews of applications and interviews of applicants for the professional program.
- Oversight of early assurance of admissions programs (Pre-Veterinary and Ag-Scholars Programs). The committee will review interview candidates for this program.
- Reviewing applications for readmission into the Professional Program. The committee will define the conditions of reinstatement. If readmitted, the committee may require a student to repeat courses other than those in which the student was deficient.
- Minutes of meetings will be submitted the Office of Academic Affairs. Information that is considered confidential will not be included in the minutes.
- Inform the Dean of committee activity and provide recommendations to improve the admissions process.
Committee makeup: The Admissions committee is divided into two sub-committees:
The in-state committee is composed of four faculty members and one MVMA-member veterinarian from outside the College, each serving a three-year term. Primary responsibilities include reviewing applications of Missouri residents, overseeing the early admissions programs, and reviewing petitions for re-admission.
The out-of-state committee consists of five faculty members and one MVMA-member veterinarian from outside the College, each serving a three-year term. Primary responsibilities include reviewing non-resident applications.
The in-state and out-of-state committee members may serve as alternates on the other sub-committee. Ad hoc members for the purpose of interviews may be added as needed.
The Associate Dean for Academic Affairs is a permanent ex officio member of the committee and will serve as the chair. The Director of Recruiting and Admissions Advisor serve as consultants to the committee. Minutes of meeting will be provided to the Office of Academic Affairs.