The MU CMP uses the Veterinary Internship & Residency Matching Program (VIRMP). Requirements for application include:
1. Standard VIRMP Application Packet
- VIRMP Application
- Veterinary School Official Transcript from University Registrar
- Personal Statement
- Curriculum Vitae
- 3-4 Standardized Letters of Reference
2. Additional Requirements for the Program
- Candidates must have a DVM or VMD degree (or equivalent), meet admission requirements of the MU Graduate School, and have or be pursuing a license to practice veterinary medicine in the sate of their choice. The majority of funded slots require US citizenship or permanent residency.
3. Deadlines for Application
- Beginning November 1, 2023 but no later than December 11, 2023 11:59 PM EST applicants should complete their online application. As this deadline is distinct from other residency specialties participating in the VIRMP, applicants should contact their references and registrar to ensure that letters of support and transcripts are submitted ahead of the 2023 deadline.
- The CMP will review applications in mid-December and invite candidates for interviews to be held January 6-8 2024.
- If you are invited to interview with the CMP, it is highly recommended that you participate; therefore, you are encouraged to save these dates and coordinate time off with employers or school supervisors.
- The CMP will assist with arranging travel and accommodations for candidates.
- Conflicts for invited candidates who absolutely cannot attend the interview will be addressed on an individual basis.
**** Save the date: 2024 interviews will be held January 6-8 2024.****