Workstation Requirements (desktops & laptops)
Mobile Device Requirements (phones & tablets)
- Keep portable devices physically secure.
- Lock your screen/device when not in use.
- When connecting to your campus network or campus resources, use VPN or other secure remote access services as deemed appropriate by your campus IT department.
- Do not share your password with anyone and do not use your University password on non-University web sites or other accounts.
- Make sure your device is disposed of properly. For University-owned devices, give your aged device to your IT support staff. For personal devices, make sure they are wiped before disposal.
- Do not disable the firewall or antivirus.
- Use mapped network drives or collaboration applications provided by your campus to store work files rather than storing files exclusively on your workstation (protects against device failure).
- Do not join unsecure wireless networks when working or, if you must use such networks, use VPN or other secure remote access services.
- Report the loss or theft of a device, regardless of ownership, to your campus police department, your IT support person and to your campus Information Security Office.
Cloud Computing – Frequently Asked Questions