IT Information for New Students: a host of information to assist new students in navigating IT at the university.
Printers are available for student use in W234N Veterinary Medicine Building. To install printers, logon to the Print Smart website, select the Print Anywhere tab, select the appropriate operating system, select Departments under Category and finally select the VetMed printer you would like to install. You can also check your Print Smart usage on the Print Smart website. For general information including quotas and costs, please visit the Division of IT printing page.
Information for Graduating Students
- Student Email is available for 12 months from the end of the last term enrolled. It is best to use use a private email account on resumes and the like as you near graduation. Please be sure to update subscriptions and communications with anyone who is sending email to your university account. Additional information on email account eligibility can be found on the UM system site regarding email management and procedures.
- Students (who are not University employees) can keep their university OneDrive data by creating a personal OneDrive account and transferring the data.
- Identify any OneDrive folders that need to have ownership transferred to someone else and change ownership as necessary.
- Transfer all University data to your supervisor prior to leaving the University.
- If you have been given university equipment (computers, printers, storage devices, etc.) to use while a student it should be turned in to your supervisor and reported to CVM IT.
- If you require continued use of university owned equipment a signed memorandum of understanding (MOU) must be completed and shared with CVM IT.