The Veterinary Health Center at the University of Missouri is happy to accommodate licensed veterinary technicians who wish to observe clinical practice, participate in rounds, and gain continuing education credit for their experience.
Our clinical rotations are 3-6 weeks long, but a visit does not necessarily have to coincide with the beginning or end of our clinical rotations. Indeed, veterinary technicians may participate for a single day, or for multiple days. The Veterinary Health Center and Office of Extension/Continuing Education charge an educational fee.
Fees in total are due prior to arrival. An Invoice and the link to the MU Veterinary Health Center’s online bill pay portal will be emailed to visitor upon visit approval.
Despite our interest in having visiting veterinary technicians, sometimes the timing of a visit or a visitor’s expectations may not allow us to host them.
You will be responsible for your own medical insurance, travel, and lodging expenses.
To apply for clinical continuing education, please e-mail the following information to email@example.com:
- CV and Letter of Intent that outlines the specific sections that you wish to visit and the dates that you would like to visit. Please provide this information 90 days prior to your visit, if possible.
- A copy of your technician license
- Vaccination for rabies and tetanus is recommended. Veterinary medical personnel are at higher risk for exposure to rabies and tetanus than the general population. Therefore, please:
- Provide records of tetanus vaccination within the last 5 years and the final vaccination in an initial series or a booster vaccination for rabies within the last year. Alternatively, a protective rabies titer (1:5 or greater serum dilution RFFIT) should be demonstrated within the past two years.
- Or sign a waiver upon arrival stating that you decline immunization against rabies and you have been advised of the risks associated with not being vaccinated against rabies that, if contracted, is fatal.
- Proof of health insurance
Application materials may also be mailed to:
Veterinary Medicine and Surgery
ATTN: Department Chair’s Office,
900 E Campus Dr
Columbia, MO 65211, USA
Please e-mail our office at firstname.lastname@example.org if you need information.